I made delicious cranberry, pineapple, and walnut muffins the other day! If you like muffins that taste like cupcakes, then stop reading here. If, however, you love buckwheat, whole wheat, delicious, fruity muffins or pancakes, keep reading! They’re vegan and dairy-free.
- 1 C wheat flour
- 1 C oatmeal
- 1 C juice (or plant milk)
- 1/4 C oil
- 1 egg replacer (or egg if you’re not making them vegan)
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 3 ts baking powder
- handful of dried cranberries, around 1/3 C
- 1/2 C or so chopped pineapple
- 1/4-1/3 C broken walnut bits
- *if you use milk instead of juice, you may want to use a dash of fruit essence/extract or rind to keep the fruity boost.
- Cook at 400F/ 190C for around 20 minutes
Sound like a Thanksgiving muffin! Did you eat them warm???
Yes, I thought of calling them thanksgiving muffins…but then I would have needed pecans instead of walnuts! …and yes, warm….mmmmm…….mmmmm….
OOooooooooooooo and Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. and NOM NOM!!! 🙂
Were we separated at birth? ha!!
Sometimes I think so! Or maybe we were just parallel at birth and ended up on this lovely island, startling people with our awesomeness!