I adapted the fan bookmark to make a slimmer and leafier version. I posted about my swatch back in 2009 and finally got around to writing the pattern. I have been using the lace as an embellishment, like trailing vines.
With cotton thread and appropriately sized hook:
- Starting row: Chain 3 and ss together to form loop
- Row 1: Ch 2, 5dc in that loop.
- Turn, chain 3 (count as first dc)
- Row 2: Dc in next space, ch1, then dc and ch 1 until end of row. There are now 6 bars.
- Row 3: Turn. In each ch1 space from previous row: sc, ch2, sc. Repeat across the fan. This creates a picot.
- At end of row Do Not Turn. Chain 3 and sc to side of the fan, chain created in previous row
- Turn, ch 2 and dc 5 times. At end of 5th one, sc into last previous picot.
- Repeat from row two until it is the desired length. Block and sew on to embellish fabric!