In the middle of October, Honey and I headed to the DIY store to pick up some paint, a curtain rod and blinds. The curtain rod is for our bedroom but the rest was for the spare room. Honey had off for a few days soon after that and painted the room over a long weekend. We let the paint dry for two days and when we went to peel off the tape, we pretty much trashed the edges of the painting. This is the third room in our house we’ve painted and we only experienced this around the mirror and sink in the bathroom. We mistakenly thought that it was the way the tape was applied around the mirror or perhaps the type was too sticky. The internet says that you should remove painting tape after an hour or so of letting the paint dry. Clearly, we’re still trying to figure out this adulting thing.
Anyway, the sea foam green colour reminded me of an old stucco wall and now we have the worn edge look to go with it. If you’re wondering, the battered guitar on the table was a dumpster save to refurbish. My pinterest vision board for the room is here.
We’ve moved the room back into place (and my Mother in Law stayed the weekend a week later), but still to be done:
- sorting the bookshelf
- returning the wind chimes and adding art
- finding the right plants for the space (the small and light pots on the window sill get knocked off far too easily by the cat)
- putting up the blinds and adding the right curtains